The Design Committee has been annually choosing one larger rehab/renovation project on Main Street that will enhance the town.
In 2016 they upgraded 203-209 Main Street and provided a much improved visual “gateway” to Boonton’s Lower Main Street. In 2017 they relocated the kiosk from the boardwalk to the Post Office Plaza and created a parklet by adding additional seating.
Their 2018 project is the rehab/renovate of the Canalside Park Overlook. One of the reasons people move to Boonton and love the town is because of it’s walkability and sense of community. As it stands now, there are limited places to sit and relax or enjoy the scenery when you are walking that long stretch along upper Main Street above Canalside Park. In their current condition those limited places are drab, uninviting, and underutilized. What they are doing to the Canalside Park Overlook specifically would change that and also create another attractive “gateway”, this time to Boonton’s Upper Main Street.
Proposed improvements include:
- Widening the entrance to the overlook
- Removing the current picnic table and planter
- Replacing one of the fencing slats with wire cable railing (spaced 3” apart) to enhance the view of the falls
- Staining the overlook a warm brown color and the balusters “Boonton Red”
- Adding a hand crafted multilevel seating area in the center
Please help us reach our goal and donate to our initiative! Click on the link below to donate today!
Previous Design Team Projects:
Lower Main Street Gateway Project
Post Office Plaza Parklet